Monday, October 22, 2012

Fasting - some preliminary notes

All right, so here's my plan. I would like to write a post about fasting. It is a subject that has fascinated me for a long time. When I was in my early 20s, I really wanted to be an ascetic. I think I thought it would make my life easier. Anyone who knows me well will attest that that definitely did not happen. Neither the part about becoming an ascetic nor the part about my life being easy. Easy is overrated anyway. Now, there seems to be quite a bit of evidence piling up that our bodies aren't meant to be perfectly well-fed all the time.

However, I would really like to do this topic justice. I don't want to take a cool topic like this and spend thirty minutes talking out my butt, not really saying anything useful. So, that's what I'm going to be doing until you hear from me again. I'll be preparing to give you (I hope) a really useful article on the subject of fasting. I hope you find it as interesting as I do.

Next post: Tuesday, October 30

No comments:

Post a Comment