Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Beginnings and progress

I tend to think of the winter solstice as my new year. At the time of minimum daylight, it just seems like a great place to set my zero point and start counting from there. So, with that in mind, I think I'm going to share my plans to improve myself in the oncoming year. I'm sure every blogger under the sun is sharing their New Year's resolutions at this time of year, but I'm doing it anyway. So, enjoy.

My plan this year is to try to live more consciously. I'm going to try to avoid doing certain things (like messing around on the internet) just because I don't feel like doing anything else. If I'm going to mess around on the internet, I'm going to make a conscious decision to mess around on the internet, I'm going to do that for a while, and then I'm going to make the conscious decision to stop and do something else. At least that's my plan; we'll see how that goes. If I decide the laundry needs to be done, I'm going to try very hard not to get distracted by other things because I don't really feel like doing the laundry.

Now, I just have to be careful not to let this get out of hand. I do have some very mildly obsessive-compulsive tendencies, so I run the risk of doing something crazy like doing laundry until 3 am because I decided it needed to get done. So I will also try to balance deliberate choices with flexibility.

Do you have any plans to improve yourself or your world this year? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment