Friday, March 30, 2012

I can has a shrine?

I have a shrine in my home. There's a neat little cubbyhole built into the wall in my hallway. It's practically in the middle of the house, so I dedicated it to our family spirits and the house hold spirits. It's quaint, but nothing special -- really just a collection of idols.

One of my goals this year is to make an outdoor shrine. There's a nice spot in my back yard that is very overgrown and feels like a tiny forest now. I just can't decide what to put there. It should be able to survive the elements -- of course I'll care for it, but I don't want something that will just deteriorate, or make a mess.

So, Internet People, I want to know what kind of shrines you have or what ideas you think are cool. Post 'em in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. My kitchen is my shrine. The whole kitchen. Well, not the back part where the washer and dryer are; just the part where cooking and feeding happens. I know, shocking for a kitchen witch, amirite? :) That said, my whole house is blessed and there are little elements of my faith tucked here and there. We also blessed our firepit and I perform fire festival rites there.

    ReplyDelete