Saturday, March 10, 2012

Noel's Irish Soda Bread

I've finally perfected my Irish soda bread recipe. I think this would be a great place to share it. I'm going to start a new label (tag) group for recipes. That way, as I post more recipes, they can be easily found in one category.

Noel's Irish Soda Bread
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup raisins
2 tsp caraway seeds
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbs honey (or 3/4 cup for a cake bread)
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 eggs (or 1 for a cake bread)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Grease a nine inch diameter circular pan or a couple of 4x8 bread tins. Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Combine the ingredients and pour into the pan(s). Brush the top with milk. Bake for about 30 minutes (or 50 for a cake bread).

No comments:

Post a Comment